The spirit of SAYJ is a set of statements that describes the core guiding principles of this movement- the life-giving breath of South Asia Youth for Jesus. All SAYJ members and participants are to consider, uphold and exhibit these values.
In seeking to uphold the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, SAYJ will promote among its participants:
- A respect for Scripture – as the foundation and test of all teachings and cultural practices.
- An appreciation for the Spirit of Prophecy – as an authoritative source of instruction, comfort, and warning.
- A personal experience of the joy of knowing Christ – through a daily prayer and devotional experience with Jesus and a commitment to following His Word.
- A vibrant worship experience – one that is characterized by principle, reverence, and decorum.
- A passion for lost souls – animated by personal experiences in the saving love of Jesus and a desire for His imminent return.
- A cultivation of godly relationships – preserving purity, encouraging accountability, and demonstrating loving kindness towards each other regardless of caste, race, ethnicity or socioeconomic background.
- An exemplary and abundant lifestyle – in recreation, entertainment, dress, and healthful living.
- A commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Church as God’s remnant church—by supporting and upholding its principles, organization, and leadership.
- An attitude of humility and cordiality – as we seek to clarify, articulate, and defend the Biblical teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- An enthusiasm and dedication to service – through compassionate care and provisions for the poor and the needy (untouchables), acts of grace towards the women and men of our communities, and responsible care for our environment.